Confessions of an idle mind

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Music as a weapon

 Music as a weapon is an annual battle of the bands kinda contest where the winning band opens for some popular heavy metal band. I went in with zero expectations and I was blown away. The venue - Starland Ballroom is amazing. It's obviously in good shape because many big names like Velevet Reveolver, Opeth, Alice in Chains, Sevendust, etc perform there. It has a bar where you can sit and listen to the bands. The atmosphere is just insane. I missed out on Korn and Live because they were sold out but I will definitely go there again.

P.S Out of some 300 odd pics that i took, the above pic is my favorite. S calls it the Ghost of Jimi Hendrix.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ahmad Qadri said...

Interesting to hear about "Music as a weapon". Y'know it was also a tour named by Disturbed. It seems that you like alternative & hard rock ... ever heard of HIM? I'm sure you'll like 'em.

:)

December 26, 2009 at 10:13 PM  
Blogger I'm all that said...

I have only heard a couple of songs by HIM so far, Wings of a Butterfly. I shall listen to some more tracks by them.

I have always liked alternative & hard rock although these days I prefer progressive rock, my favorites being Jethro Tull, The doors, Cream and King crimson. But I always like experimenting with music and trying out new stuff. :)

January 3, 2010 at 5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home